As a landlord, ateb has a legal duty to repair and maintain gas pipework, flues, and appliances in a safe condition, to ensure an annual gas safety check on each appliance and flue, and to keep a record of each safety check. These requirements have not stopped as a result of COVID-19.
We have been closely monitoring Government advice, together with subsequent advice provided by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and Welsh Government, in relation to gas safety and COVID-19.
The HSE have recently issued specific advice for landlords regarding annual gas safety checks and Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a landlord ateb must be able to demonstrate that all reasonable steps have been taken to comply with the law and, where residents are self-isolating/shielding, landlords must re-arrange safety checks as soon as possible.
We are therefore continuing to make arrangements for annual gas safety checks, and you may receive a letter from us in relation to arranging your annual check.
We take the safety of our customers and team seriously and as such we will be taking the following precautions, following government guidelines and advice:
- We will not send an engineer to your property if they are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- We will follow social distancing guidelines and ask you and your family members to stay in another room from our engineer whilst they are working in your property
- Our engineer will wash/sanitise their hands on entering and leaving your property
- Our engineer will clean all surfaces on departure
- We ask you to let us know immediately if you or a member of your household is self-isolation/shielding or have tested positive for COVID-19 and we can rearrange your appointments
We understand that these are very difficult times for us all and we want to reassure you that we are following the correct government advice in order to ensure that we are complying with the law whilst protecting the safety of our customers and team.
Thank you for your cooperation