• Filter:

  • How soon after being offered the job can I start?

    Once you have received your confirmed offer you will need to liaise with your current employer and agree a leaving date. Once you know this date, contact us and we can agree a date for your to join us.

  • Can I hand my notice in when you offer me the job?

    We advise that you don’t hand your notice in until we have sent you a confirmed offer of employment. We will initially send you a provisional offer of employment. What this means it that we would like you to join us but we need to undertake some checks/clearances before you do. These will include satisfactory references, health clearance and depending on the job this may include the following checks:

    • Disclosure and barring.
    • Driving license and vehicle insurance.
    • Qualifications.
    Once we have received these satisfactory checks/clearances we will be in a position to send you a confirmed offer.

  • Will I hear from you if I’ve been unsuccessful?

    At ateb we will always contact you to advise you of the outcome of your application or interview. We want to help you become successful in your future job search, so please let us know if you would like feedback on your application of interview.

  • How much does it cost?

    Premiums depend on the sum insured, your age and your postcode.

  • Have you arranged home contents insurance yet?

    ateb insures the building where you live but not the contents of your home. Home Contents Insurance Why do I need it? If you are a tenant who rents, then we may not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind. To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, ateb have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy. The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. How do I get further information?

    • Ask your local housing officer for an application pack.
    • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
    Alternatively, please visit the www.thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information or to request a call back. The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group. Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at https://www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy  

  • Can I buy my home?

    Some ateb tenants can buy their home via the Right to Acquire (RTA) or Right to Buy (RTB) schemes. However, some tenants may not be eligible. To be eligible for the Right to Acquire, your home should be:

    • Built after 1st july 1997
    • Not in a rural area defined by Welsh Government
    • Not in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park areas
    • Not built specifically for older or disabled people
    Please note that Welsh Government has now received Royal Ascent to abolish the Right to Buy and Right to Acquire across Wales. Please read the Guidance Document on how this may affect you.

  • I’d like to add or remove someone from the tenancy. How do I do this?

    If you are a joint tenant, we will need consent from both tenants to remove you from the tenancy. This can be provided via email to lettings@atebgroup.co.uk – we will also require a clear rent account before making any changes. To request to remove someone from the tenancy, please us our  Online Form. SaveSaveSaveSave

  • I want to end my tenancy, how do I inform you?

    We require 28 days’ notice from all tenants if they wish to leave their home. You can complete our  End Of Tenancy Form for any further info or help contact lettings@atebgroup.co.uk  If you are ending your tenancy and you return your property to ateb in a clean, rubbish-free condition and have no recoverable repairs identified, you may meet the criteria to apply for our Clean and Empty Scheme for a payment of £100 in Tesco vouchers. This scheme is to encourage you to clear your house and may also prevent you from being liable for rechargeable repairs.

  • Can I make improvements to my home?

    An improvement is any work done or installation made which is for the benefit of the tenant. It may include the replacement or upgrading of anything that is already there or addition. It may include any fixture or fitting of a permanent or temporary nature which is attached to the land or building in which you live. You will need permission from ateb to make any improvements. To submit a request, please fill in our  Request Permission to Carry Out Work/Improvements Form.

  • Am I allowed to have a pet?

    All tenants wishing to keep a pet must seek permission from ateb. The following restrictions apply: (a) Horses or livestock are not permitted in any property. (b) Dogs are not permitted in flats. (c) No more than two dogs are permitted in or at any property. (d) Dogs deemed as dangerous under the Dangerous Dogs Act will not be permitted. To submit a request, please fill in our  Permission To Own A Pet Form.

Find a Home

Look now

Pay Your Rent

Make payment

Report a Repair

Report today

Request an Appointment

Book now

Talking to us is easy.

For any enquiries or issues, email us at hello@atebgroup.co.uk →

Speak to us by Booking
a Video Chat →

Call and speak to one
of our lovely team
on 01437 763688 →