Back in March we suspended all planned improvements inside people’s homes and promised to review our position every few months.
Unfortunately the risk to staff, customers and contractors is unchanged, and we are particularly concerned of the risks where internal planned improvements can take more than 1 day to complete, such as replacing kitchens and bathrooms.
We have therefore made the difficult decision to suspend planned improvements inside people’s homes to the end of March 2021, unless there is a health and safety reason why the work needs to be completed.
However, we will restart planned improvements in people’s homes that can be completed in 1 working day or less – subject to all necessary precautions to minimise the risk of Covid-19 infection.
West Wales Care and Repair will also continue to complete works and adaptations in people’s homes that support and promote independence, helping to prevent hospital admissions and supporting hospitals to discharge patients which is so critical at this time.
The planned improvements that are affected by this decision are;
- Kitchen and Bathroom Replacements (unless there is a health and safety risk)
- Fire Panel Replacements (unless identified as an emergency through servicing)
- Oil boiler replacement (unless identified as an emergency through servicing)
- Heating system replacement (unless identified as an emergency through servicing)
- Electrical re-wires (unless identified as urgent through testing program)
We will ensure that any planned improvements that were due this year will be carried forward for completion in 2021.
We will regularly review our decision to postpone these works and apologise to all our customers who were expecting planned improvements this year that unfortunately have not been completed.