Are you eligible for the new £100 Winter Fuel Payment?

Customers receiving Universal Credit, or Working Tax Credits, or Income Support, or income related ESA or income based JSA can claim a one-off £100 payment from Pembrokeshire County Council (PCC) or their local authority to help them pay their winter fuel bills. 

It doesn’t matter whether you normally pay by direct debit, pre-payment meter, or cash over the counter, the payment is available to everyone who is eligible (please see full terms and conditions on the PCC website). 

The scheme is open to households where one household member is in receipt of certain welfare benefits. To qualify you must have been claiming benefits at any time between 1st December 2021 and 31st January 2022. The benefits are: 

  • Income Support. 
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance. 
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance. 
  • Universal Credit. 
  • Working Tax Credits. 

You must also be responsible for paying the energy bills for the property. 

Letters have been sent out by PCC this week to let eligible households know about this great scheme. If you have not received one and think you may be eligible, you can visit the PCC website to make a claim. 

Please make sure to read the advice and check you have everything you need before submitting your claim. 

Published 15/12/21
Share this article: