• Filter:

  • I live in an ateb home and want to leave. What do I need to do?

    You need to notify us by completing our  End OF Tenancy Form 28 days before your leaving date. If you leave your home in a clean and empty condition, you may be eligible for our ‘clean and empty’ incentive scheme. If you leave your home clean and empty, and you have a clear rent account, we will gift you with a £50 Love 2 Shop voucher. This is subject to an inspection by an area officer.

  • I want to buy my own home but can’t afford it. Can you help me?

    A shared ownership home might be the thing for you! Shared ownership is a part buy/part rent scheme. It makes it possible for people to buy a home that otherwise would not have been affordable. It is designed as a stepping stone for people to get on the property ladder to completely owning their own home, allowing them to buy further shares in their home (Staircasing) when they can afford to. Click here to find out more!

  • Where does ateb have homes?

    We have a range of homes across west Wales. Please click here to have a look!

  • I’m disabled and need an adapted home. Can you help me?

    Yes! We have around 30 adapted bungalows that have been built specifically for people with a range of disabilities. Please complete our  Application Form to register for our accessible housing register. For more information, please contact lettings@atebgroup.co.uk

  • When is my rent due?

    Your rent and service charge, if applicable, is payable weekly in advance and is due on Monday.

  • Why do I have to pay a service charge on top of my rent?

    Where we provide additional services to some of our tenants, these are paid for through a service charge. Here are some examples:

    • Grounds maintenance.
    • Communal cleaning.
    • Communal lighting.
    • Servicing voice entry systems.
    • Maintaining fire alarm systems.
    Details of your service charges are sent to you each Spring.

  • I’m finding it difficult to pay my rent and have fallen into rent arrears?

    Please contact your benefit and money advisor straight away on moneyadvice@atebgroup.co.uk or call us on 01437 763688 or 0800 854568. The important thing is that you tell us as early as possible so that we can provide you with help to get you back on track as well as offer money and benefits advice.

  • I’m in credit, can I request a refund?

    Yes – you simply need to complete the  Refund Request Form and we will process this as soon as we receive it.

  • How will you deal with my complaint?

    • We will formally acknowledge your concern within 5 days in writing via email or letter.
    • We will ask you to tell us how you would like us to communicate with you and establish whether you have any particular requirements – for example, if you have a disability.
    • We will deal with your concern in an open and honest way and make sure that your dealings with us in the future do not suffer just because you have expressed a concern or made a complaint.

  • How long will it take you to deal with my complaint?

    We will aim to resolve concerns as quickly as possible and expect to deal with the vast majority within 28 days. If your complaint is more complex, we will:

    • Let you know within this time why we think it may take longer to investigate.
    • Tell you how long we expect it to take.
    • Let you know where we have reached with the investigation.
    • Give you regular updates, including telling you whether any developments might change our original estimate.

  • What if you do not resolve the issue?

    If we do not succeed in resolving your complaint, you may complain to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. The Ombudsman is independent of all government bodies and can look into your complaint if you believe that you personally, or the person on whose behalf you are complaining:

    • Have been treated unfairly or received a bad service through some failure on the part of the body providing it.
    • Have been disadvantaged personally by a service failure or have been treated unfairly.
    The Ombudsman expects you to bring your concerns to our attention first and to give us a chance to put things right. You can contact the Ombudsman by: Phone: 0845 6010987 Email: ask@ombudsman-wales.org.uk Website: www.ombudsman-wales.org.uk Writing: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed, CF35 5LJ.

  • When will my repair get fixed?

    If your repair is an emergency, we will deal with it within 24 hours. Depending on the seriousness of the emergency, we will aim to be with you as soon as possible. If your job is not an emergency, we will agree an appointment time with you. We will usually provide you with the choice of a morning, afternoon and ‘avoid the school run’ appointment slot on a day that suits you. If we need to send a contractor to your home they will be in touch to arrange an appointment directly with you.

  • What if I need to rearrange my appointment?

    No problem! You can email us on repairs@atebgroup.co.uk or give us a ring on 0800 854568.

  • What if I’ve got a job that isn’t Ateb’s repair responsibility? Can you still help me?

    Get in touch via repairs@atebgroup.co.uk and depending on the job, we can advise you accordingly.

  • I need an adaptation – what’s the process?

    For minor adaptations such as grab rails, shower seat or fitting lever taps, please complete the ‘report a repair’ online form. If you need a larger adaptation, please contact Pembrokeshire County Council on 01437 768551 who will arrange for an occupational therapist to come and meet you and assess your needs.

  • When is my next gas servicing appointment?

    We'll arrange a gas safety inspection, and we'll contact you beforehand to make an appointment to visit you at home. Once arranged, you must allow us access to your home to carry out maintenance or safety checks on appliances.

  • What if I need to rearrange my appointment?

    If you can't make your scheduled appointment you must contact us on heatingservicing@atebgroup.co.uk or ring us on 0800 854568. We do usually need 24 hours’notice.

  • What happens if I miss an appointment?

    We will leave you a calling card and you will need to contact us to rearrange your appointment. We may charge you for the missed appointment.

  • What about my carbon monoxide detector?

    ateb has provided carbon monoxide detectors for its customers and will test and replace them as part of the annual safety check. Please let us know if your detector is missing, damaged, faulty or you are unsure and we will fit a new one free of charge.

  • How do I apply?

    You can apply across the Group for all our vacancies online using our online recruitment site.

  • Do you accept CVs?

    We ask all applicants to answer a series of questions to ensure that they provide all the information we require, as part of our recruitment process. If we require a CV as part of your application, this will be detailed in the application process.

  • I can’t find all my documents; can I still attend the interview?

    Don’t worry; you can still attend the interview without your documentation. However, if you are successful at interview, we will be required to see all original documents requested before confirming your offer.

  • What happens if I cannot find my qualification certificate?

    You will need to contact your examination board, school or university etc. to obtain new certificates at your own cost.

  • I can’t make the interview date/time supplied – what are my options?

    Firstly, please phone our HR Department on 01437 776950 or 01437 776952 to let us know that you cannot attend the original date/time. We may be able to rearrange your interview however this may not always be possible.

  • I have submitted my application but I haven’t heard anything – what should I do?

    Check that the closing date has expired as you will not hear from us until the vacancy closes. If the closing date has expired, please check your emails and also your junk mail as all communication is  sent to the e-mail address provided in your application. If you still can’t find anything, please call our HR Department on 01437 776950/01437 776952.

  • Do you accept late applications?

    In order to be fair to all applicants, in normal circumstances we do not accept late applications. It is therefore important that you make a note of key dates/deadlines before you start your application. Please ensure you leave yourself plenty of time to submit your application just in case you experience technical difficulties.

  • I have recently submitted my application – what happens next?

    After the closing date, we will contact you via e-mail advising you whether you have been selected for interview; the e-mail will detail the date/time, venue and required documentation to bring with you. You will be able to book your interview slot via a link in our email. At interview, you will answer a series of questions, and you may be required to complete an assessment or presentation depending on the post you have applied for. We will let you know in the original advert whether an assessment is required for a post. Following the interview, we will make further contact to advise you if you’ve been successful.

  • What is anti-social behaviour?

    Anti-social behaviour is conduct or behaviour which is likely to cause nuisance or annoyance to another person, that includes using your home for unlawful purposes, or behaviour that affects the housing management functions of ateb.

  • How do I report a problem?

    If you are experiencing neighbour nuisance or anti-social behavior, please contact us and we will advise you what we can do and what steps you can take to resolve it. Fill in our Online Form to to make a complaint and file a report today.

  • What happens when I report a problem?

    When you report a problem of neighbour nuisance or anti-social behaviour to us we will offer you advice, take information from you and tell you what steps we can take to help resolve it. We will not get involved in minor or ‘one-off’ incidents which can easily be sorted out between neighbours and stop problems happening in future. We will become involved in more serious incidents of neighbour nuisance and anti-social behaviour when we have evidence and action needs to be taken. Some problems cannot be solved by us alone. We work in partnership with the Police, Local Authority and other agencies to deal with more serious cases of nuisance and anti-social behaviour and to provide support to those affected and to make our communities safe.

  • How does the noise nuisance app work?

    The Noise App is a quick and easy way to record noise which is causing nuisance and annoyance. You will need a ‘smart' phone to use this app and if you have broadband you will not use up your mobile data allowance. Before you download the app, call the Council’s Contact Centre on 01437 764551 who will take your details and refer your case to Public Protection. When you have downloaded the app and told the Council, you can start recording the noise that is causing the problem straight away. The recordings are uploaded directly onto a secure site which will then be assessed and decision made about what action is necessary. You can make as many recordings as you need – each recording lasts for up to 30 seconds.

  • What information do I need when applying for universal credit online?

    • Your National Insurance number.
    • Your postcode.
    • Your e-mail address.
    • Your phone number (landline or mobile).
    • ateb Group's name and address and your eligible rent – you can ask us for this information.
    • Details of the account you want your Universal Credit paid into – name and address of the branch, account number and sort code.
    • If working, your gross wage (before deductions).
    • Details of any savings or capital.
    • Your partner's details if they live with you.
    • Details of any children/relatives that live with you including their name, date of birth, age and income.
    • If you pay for childcare, your childcare provider's details including their registration number.
    • If you need help with applying for Universal Credit, our in-house team of Benefits and Money Advisors can provide advice and assistance.

  • I haven’t got a computer. How can I apply online?

    We have a digital support worker and a digivan equipped with ipads and computers that you can use to get online. We also have an IT suite at our offices in Haverfordwest which you are welcome to use for free, for however long you need. Our benefit and money advisors can also visit you in your home and bring an ipad with them to help you do your application form.

  • I don’t have a bank account. How can I open one?

    Universal Credit will be paid directly into a bank or post office account. Alternatively, a basic bank account may be right for you if:

    • You have a poor credit record or you're on a low income.
    • You don't need the extra things that a current account offers, for example an overdraft facility.
    You will need to provide proof of your identity to open a bank account – the bank or building society will tell you what you need to provide.

  • I’ve applied for universal credit but haven’t been paid and my rent is due. What should I do?

    It can take up to 7 weeks for universal credit to be paid after it has been applied for. You will still be responsible for paying your rent in line with your tenancy agreement. This is why we encourage our tenants to build a small credit on their rent accounts so that they do not fall into arrears once you apply for universal credit. Universal credit will be paid monthly in arrears. If you need any help or advice, please contact moneyadvice@atebgroup.co.uk or call 01437 763688.

  • The benefit cap

    There is a limit on the total amount of benefits that the people in your household can get from a range of benefits including:

    • Housing benefit.
    • Jobseekers allowance.
    • Employment support allowance (unless you get the support component).
    • Child benefit.
    • Child tax credit.
    • Carer's allowance.
    If the total comes to more than the maximum amount allowed your housing benefit payments will be reduced. The maximum amount of benefit you are able to receive is:
    • £384.62 per week or £20,000 annually for single parents.
    • £384.62 per week or £20,000 annually for couples with or without children.
    • £257.69 per week or £13,400 annually for single people without children.
    It won't apply to you if you get pension credit or working tax credit or a member of your household is claiming disability living allowance, attendance allowance or the support element of employment support allowance.

  • Am I allowed to have a pet?

    All tenants wishing to keep a pet must seek permission from ateb. The following restrictions apply: (a) Horses or livestock are not permitted in any property. (b) Dogs are not permitted in flats. (c) No more than two dogs are permitted in or at any property. (d) Dogs deemed as dangerous under the Dangerous Dogs Act will not be permitted. To submit a request, please fill in our  Permission To Own A Pet Form.

  • Can I make improvements to my home?

    An improvement is any work done or installation made which is for the benefit of the tenant. It may include the replacement or upgrading of anything that is already there or addition. It may include any fixture or fitting of a permanent or temporary nature which is attached to the land or building in which you live. You will need permission from ateb to make any improvements. To submit a request, please fill in our  Request Permission to Carry Out Work/Improvements Form.

  • I want to end my tenancy, how do I inform you?

    We require 28 days’ notice from all tenants if they wish to leave their home. You can complete our  End Of Tenancy Form for any further info or help contact lettings@atebgroup.co.uk

  • I’d like to add or remove someone from the tenancy. How do I do this?

    If you are a joint tenant, we will need consent from both tenants to remove you from the tenancy. This can be provided via email to lettings@atebgroup.co.uk – we will also require a clear rent account before making any changes. To request to remove someone from the tenancy, please us our  Online Form. SaveSaveSaveSave

  • Can I buy my home?

    Some ateb tenants can buy their home via the Right to Acquire (RTA) or Right to Buy (RTB) schemes. However, some tenants may not be eligible. To be eligible for the Right to Acquire, your home should be:

    • Built after 1st july 1997
    • Not in a rural area defined by Welsh Government
    • Not in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park areas
    • Not built specifically for older or disabled people
    Please note that Welsh Government has now received Royal Ascent to abolish the Right to Buy and Right to Acquire across Wales. Please read the Guidance Document on how this may affect you.

  • Have you arranged home contents insurance yet?

    ateb insures the building where you live but not the contents of your home. You will need to arrange home contents insurance for peace of mind so that in a bad situation the contents of your home are covered. We offer a home insurance scheme for our tenants called "My Home". It provides insurance against fire, theft, vandalism, water damage and other household risks.

  • What does “My Home” Contents Insurance offer me?

    It covers:

    • Internal decoration.
    • Freezer contents.
    • Accidental damage.
    • Optional cover for personal possessions e.g. mobility scooters.

    It also offers:

    • Flexible "pay-as-you-go" payment options.
    • No excess.
    • Quick and easy to apply and arrange cover.

  • How much does it cost?

    Premiums depend on the sum insured, your age and your postcode.

  • How do I apply?

    For immediate cover ring My Home Contents Insurance on 0345 450 7288. For more information visit: www.thistlemyhome.co.uk

  • Will I hear from you if I’ve been unsuccessful?

    At ateb we will always contact you to advise you of the outcome of your application or interview. We want to help you become successful in your future job search, so please let us know if you would like feedback on your application of interview.

  • Can I hand my notice in when you offer me the job?

    We advise that you don’t hand your notice in until we have sent you a confirmed offer of employment. We will initially send you a provisional offer of employment. What this means it that we would like you to join us but we need to undertake some checks/clearances before you do. These will include satisfactory references, health clearance and depending on the job this may include the following checks:

    • Disclosure and barring.
    • Driving license and vehicle insurance.
    • Qualifications.
    Once we have received these satisfactory checks/clearances we will be in a position to send you a confirmed offer.

  • How soon after being offered the job can I start?

    Once you have received your confirmed offer you will need to liaise with your current employer and agree a leaving date. Once you know this date, contact us and we can agree a date for your to join us.

Find a Home

Look now

Pay Your Rent

Make payment

Report a Repair

Report today

Request an Appointment

Book now

Talking to us is easy.

For any enquiries or issues, email us at hello@atebgroup.co.uk →

Pop in and talk to us face-to-face, find
us at SA61 1QP →

Call and speak to one
of our lovely team
on 01437 763688 →