Universal Credit

Universal Credit supports you if you are on a low income or out of work. It’s a monthly payment to help with your living costs as well as a housing payment to cover your rent.

It was introduced in 2018 and has replaced the following six benefits:

  • Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
  • Employment & Support Allowance (Income Related)
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit

So what’s different?

  • Claims are made online.
  • Your housing costs will be paid to you instead of direct to ateb and you will need to pay your rent to ateb every month when you receive your Universal Credit payment. If you are worried about making these payments yourself, you can request your housing payment to be paid directly to us. This is known as an APA (Alternative Payment Arrangement) and there are certain reasons to be eligible.
  • You will need to make a claim for Council Tax Reduction separately.

More information is available online here

Talk to your Money Solutions Team Clayton, Cheryl, Sharon, Jess and Lee for advice and support with making a claim, getting online and paying your rent.

Team photo

Tel: 0800 854568  Email: moneysolutions@atebgroup.co.uk

Find a Home

Look now

Pay Your Rent

Make payment

Report a Repair

Report today

Request an Appointment

Book now

Talking to us is easy.

For any enquiries or issues, email us at hello@atebgroup.co.uk →

Speak to us by Booking
a Video Chat →

Call and speak to one
of our lovely team
on 01437 763688 →