Get Connected is a National Lottery Community funded project from ateb, helping to support our communities get online, save money and ‘get connected’.
Our new high tech, MiFi digital support van called ‘Dot.e’ will bring our Digital Support Team direct to your doorstep.
We are able to provide you with support and advice, enabling you to access the online world.
What can Get Connected do for you?
- help you apply for Universal Credit and learn how to manage your online account.
- support you to use job searching websites, fill in applications, apply for jobs, create and use a CV and cover letter.
- provide you with basic IT training, helping you to get online and access a new world of information.
- support you to save money, helping you to compare prices for things such as mobile phone contracts, car/home insurances, gas and electricity prices, shopping prices and lots more.
- advise and support you to get online at home, comparing phone line and broadband packages ensuring you get the best deal that is suitable for your needs.
- help you to use ateb’s My Account site so you can quickly access your rent statements, report and track repairs and contact ateb with ease.
plus lots more!
Request an appointment…
Simply contact our Digital Support Team by completing our Online Form.
Alternatively you can call us directly on 01437 774775
What if you are an organisation hoping to use Dot.e?
We have a limited number of days per year where other organisations can utilise Dot.e and our Digital Support Team to work in partnership to provide services to their clients. For example: a national advice service wanting to provide an outreach in a rural area of Pembrokeshire where there are no buildings to host an outreach – Get Connected could work in partnership to provide an outreach once a month for 6 months to test demand for the service, whilst also providing IT support.
Want to become a Digital Volunteer?
There are many people out there who need help, support and advice to get online but don’t have the confidence or cannot afford to take a course. Becoming a digital volunteer and helping others to get online can be very rewarding and looks great on your CV.
By giving as little as 2 hours a week you can make a real difference to someone’s life. Under the guidance of our Digital Support Coordinator you will help others use a computer or tablet for the first time, help them get online, create and use an email address, use social media sites such as Facebook, do online shopping, compare prices on products or a whole variety of things that gets someone interested in getting online.
You will have the opportunity to undertake the Digital Communities Wales Digital Heroes training and PAVS volunteer training, as well as learn lots of tips from our Digital Support Coordinator. Support sessions take place over a variety of locations across Pembrokeshire onboard Dot.e – our digital support van.
The Get Connected project is over the half way point and we have created a little video to demonstrate some of the good things we have been up to. Lots more still to come!