We want all our tenants (customers) to be able to chat with the ateb group in ways that suit you, and then ateb can go on to improve our services and communities in ways that you want.
The Engage initiative (e2i) focusses on creating more options for more people to speak with ateb, to help improve our services and communities.
Getting Involved Through the Year
To see how you can get involved click here.
Engage 2 Improve Our Services
Did you know:
- You can dip in & out of these opportunities – you do not need to become a member of anything!
- There are many ways you can give your views – you don’t need to come to meetings!
What we do:
Every other month, ateb runs really short surveys with our tenant customers on a theme that you’ve told us is important. To see the current survey, click here.
Here is a list of these themes.
What’s the Engage 2 Improve Coordination Group?
All staff and ateb tenant customers are welcome at these groups – come to the one that you’re interested in – it might be anti-social behaviour, or maybe it’s planned maintenance… In these groups, we look at what the current survey has shown and we plan the next one together.
- Surveys – by phone/ipad/in person/any/all methods – currently reaching hundreds of tenants – runs throughout the whole month.
- Co-ordination Groups – these will consist of 2 parts (in one sitting, but people can attend either, or both, parts): the 1st part will look back at the previous month’s survey, assess how it went and identify Improvement Actions with relevant departments. The 2nd part will plan and construct the survey to be carried out during the next month.
- Review Groups – these will look back at a survey we ran about six months previously and assess how the Improvement Actions set, following that survey, have been carried out and what changes have been driven forward because of them and what needs to be done further.
We currently meet on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at ateb’s main office, Meyler House, Haverfordwest SA61 1QP at 10:00, but please see the News & Events section of this site for any updates. If you would rather give your views electronically eg. via Facebook, email or text you are very welcome to do so.
If there is anything stopping you from attending or taking part in any ateb event in any way, such as childcare, language, transport, times, disability please get in touch with Ali who will help if possible: our aim is to include everyone who wants to be included.
Light refreshments are always available at these friendly events and we will pay your travelling expenses to and from your ateb home.
The Current Engage Initiative Themes
Please click here to see the current engagement themes planned for 2019.
Engage 2 Improve Your Communities…
We organise a range of events in the community, sometimes teaming up with tenant and resident groups and sometimes with other community groups such as the Police, the Fire Brigade and Pembrokeshire County Council, to name but a few. We mostly organise activities during school holidays so that we have a chance to listen to younger people too.
We also respond to specific issues on estates eg. we will organise ‘litter pick/skip days’ where rubbish has been reported as a problem. To find out about events that are coming up, see our ‘News/Events’ section!
Do you need a grant for a community project?
If you want to improve an area on your estate or have a problem that needs to be dealt with, you may be able to access ‘Housing plus’ money to fund your project. To apply for funding use our Online Form for Housing Plus and apply today.
We are always keen to publish tenant customers’ pictures, stories and articles in this newsletter, so please do send in your ideas. Electronic versions are always preferred, when sending in your ideas, but we appreciate that this is not always possible and we warmly welcome your ideas sent in other formats eg paper.
Click below to see the lastest edition of ateb’s quarterly newsletter:
Are you interested in joining a tenants and residents association?
If so, below is a list of current tenant and resident associations!
Milford Hanoverians – Michael Dixon (Chair)
Sue Rogers (Chair) Freemans View Resident’s Association
Helen Wright (Chair) Ashdale Lane Community Group
Freda Bury (Secretary) Croft Court Social Club
If you are interested in setting up your own tenants and residents association, please get in touch with our tenant involvement officer to see how we can help you! Or check out TPAS Cymru’s website for guides and good practice: http://www.tpas.cymru/services