We want all our tenants and customers to be able to interact with the ateb group in ways that suit them and improve our services and communities in the way they want.
We want to listen and understand your issues and ideas so that we can deliver improvement to services and communities, above all we want to learn together to ensure we are constantly improving!
This is why we have set up the engage initiative and will be focusing on creating more options for more people to engage and help improve our services and communities.
Engage 2 Improve Our Services
The principles of Engage 2 Improve are as follows:
- People can dip in and out, tenants don’t have to become members of a group to engage.
- ateb will listen, understand, deliver improvement and learn from our tenants on whether we have improved.
- We will use various touch points to connect with tenants and in ways that suit them.
- We will publish an Engage 2 Improve plan so that tenants know what to expect and what is on our engage 2 Improve ‘to do list’.
- The Tenants Voice will have direct access to the Board throughout the year to make sure the board know where improvement needs to be focused.
Every other month, ateb will consult with tenants on a topic that you tell us is important!
Once we have listened and gathered the right information and data on the issue we are reviewing, we will need to understand and interpret the data to agree what we can do to improve or grow. Our e2i coordinating group, which includes staff and tenants, will:
- Task a Engage 2 Improve Coordination group to review the data.
- Involve the service delivery teams and Board in the findings from the data.
- Report to all tenants and customers on what we have understood.
- Agree what we are going to change as a consequence of the listening phase.
Where changes are agreed, we will:
- Create an Improvement action for the relevant service area.
- Project manage the improvement action from brief to implementation.
- Report to all tenants on the impact of the changes.
Following any change, we can always learn whether things have gone right or wrong, therefore we will:
- Review the changes made and what we have achieved.
- Report to all tenants on any learning.
What’s the Engage 2 Improve Coordination Group?
The group will consist of tenants, staff and partners and will make sure that we listen and learn from your views and implement improvements on the back of it. The group doesn’t need to have fixed membership as the right people can dip in and out depending on their interests and focus.
The Current Engage Initiative Themes
Please click here to see the current engagement themes planned for 2018.
Engage 2 Improve Your Communities…
We organise a range of events in the community, alongside tenant and resident groups as well as other community groups and volunteers. We tend to organise activities during school holidays so that we have a chance to speak to younger people. We also respond to specific issues on estates e.g. we will organise ‘litter pick/skip days’ where rubbish has been reported as a problem. To find out about events that are coming up, see our ‘News/Events’ section!
Do you need a grant for a community project?
If you want to improve an area on your estate or have a problem that needs to be dealt with, you may be able to access ‘Housing plus’ money to fund your project. To apply for funding use our Online Form for Housing Plus and apply today.
Click below to see the lastest editions of The Key newsletter:
Are you interested in joining a tenants and residents association?
If so, click here for a list of current tenant and resident associations!
Milford Hanoverians – Michael Dixon (Chair) 07837 699696
Sue Rogers (Chair) Freemans View Resident’s Association 0777 6007430
Helen Wright (Chair) Ashdale Lane Community Group 01646 682058
Freda Bury (Secretary) Croft Court Social Club 01646 683136
If you are interested in setting up your own tenants and residents association, please get in touch with our tenant involvement officer to see how we can help you! Or check out TPAS Cymru’s website for guides and good practice: http://www.tpas.cymru/services